Saturday, December 26, 2009

Xmas and nextmas

We had a quiet, low key Christmas, which was fine with me as I tend to take perverse pleasure in ignoring the holidays that everyone else feels compelled to celebrate. Plus I had the opportunity to paint all day. Deborah, however, was feeling less than festive. My failure to remember to give her a Christmas card (for the second year in a row) didn’t help her mood, nor did the fact that I’m overdue in completing a painting for her as an annual gift to keep for our own collection. With just the two of us staying up here on our verdant ridge all day while I sat mute before my easel didn’t exactly fill her with a warm Christmassy glow.

I tried to make it up to her the next day as we went into town and, after dropping off our laundry and shopping for various items we needed, we had a nice lunch at an Indian restaurant. This was followed by a walk along the bay and, for Deborah, a massage. Nothing gets me back in Deborah’s good graces faster than treating her to a massage. While she was getting her rub down I walked up into the neighborhood above town where cute little houses come with stunning views, as the photos below will attest.

I’m happy to report that Deborah is smiling again.













No comments:

Post a Comment